- Written by Steve Nickolas (@Usotsuki)
- Great for compilation disks, this tiny program can be used instead of Basic.System.
- This is NOT a BASIC interpreter but a ProDOS wedge for BASIC
- Requires only 1 block on disk vs 21 blocks for Basic.System
- Loads and runs Binary and Basic programs launched by Bitsy Bye.
- Provides two commands:
&"Filename" runs a Binary or Basic program.
& by itself will quit back to ProDOS.
- Minibas was created to supply a small launcher for BAS and BIN programs on top of Bitsy Bye.
BASIC.SYSTEM can execute BASIC/BIN programs, and it quits to the monitor automagically when started.
- Minibas is not a full-fledged
BASIC.SYSTEM, but it works enough for ProDOS 2.4.1+.
- Minibas automatically exits to the menu system, and the menu system chains it when it needs to
load a non-SYS program.